There are so many misconceptions about entrepreneurship (like so many other things right). One thing I have found myself speaking about more lately is the mental and emotional impact of entrepreneurship. The late nights, the early mornings, the endless sacrifices, the fear, and all the rejection that you encounter. Being an entrepreneur can we overwhelming and lonely, you are misunderstood most of the time and told what you should and shouldn’t be doing on a regular basis. The long hours and demands start to impact your mental and emotional health. Now that we have laid out the challenges, what is our plan to handle these challenges? Below I will list out seven things I do to keep my mental and emotional health in check. These are just suggestions, everyone will have to find their own combination to fit their needs.
1. Working out: The absolute best way for me to clear my mind and refocus is to get in a great work out.
2. Reading: Diving into new reading material takes my mind off the madness of the day.
3. Listening to music: Creating a playlist that soothes my spirit.
4. Talking to one of my mentors: Venting to someone who can relate reduces the amount of WTH you may be experiencing.
5. Pouring into the youth: Spending time with the youth eases my mind. Our youth are so full of life and possibilities.
6. A day vacation: Select a day and completely unplug. I know it is easier said than done, but prepare for it. I typically work a bit ahead so I’m not overwhelmed with anything once I’m back.
7. Journal: Writing has been therapeutic for me, I don’t get to do it as much as I would like. Expressing myself without being judged, interrupted, and etc. I get to say EXACTLY what I’m feeling in the moment.
Again, I express that these are just suggestions for how to cope. Ultimately if you need to get some professional help…there is nothing wrong with taking care of you while you take over the world!!! Self-care is imperative to success! I wish you all the best!
#GetUp #GiveThanks #GOCONQUER #DeliveryInLayers #AOEIntl
Follow me (please and thank you )
FB: JP CEO and Unheard Media LLC
IG and TW: @only1jpceo